Building Project News
- Cheque Presentation from Servus Credit Union to UCAMA
26 Jun 2012
The Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta is pleased to announce a $100,000 donation from Servus Credit Unio
- Sod Turning ceremony for the Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta
26 Jun 2012
The Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta (UCAMA) is one step closer to realizing their goal of a new facility with a groundbreaking ceremony at 9660 Jasper Avenue for June 26, 2012 14:00 MST.
- Governments Celebrate Groundbreaking of the Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta
26 Jun 2012
Representatives gathered today to break ground at the new site of the Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta (UCAMA), a facility dedicated to the preservation of the rich history and culture of Ukrainian-Canadians.
- City of Edmonton Executive Council reaffirms $3 million for UCAMA museum
17 Nov 2011
On 16 November 2011 Edmonton’s Executive Council unanimously voted to reaffirm the City’s $3 million commitment to UCAMA’s new museum project. This decision paves the way for construction to commence as early as December 2011.
- Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum awaits council OK
13 Nov 2011
A City of Edmonton administration report recommending the city renew its funding commitment for UCAMA’s new museum project will be discussed November 16 by council’s executive committee.
- UCAMA museum project receives federal funding
12 Nov 2010
On November 6 the Honourable Rob Merrifield, Minister of State (Transport), along with Paul Teterenko, President, UCAMA made the announcement of joint federal-provincial funding of $6.25 million toward the relocation of UCAMA in Edmonton at the Triennial Congress of Ukrainian Canadians held in Edmonton.
- Ottawa matches Alberta’s UCAMA grant
11 Nov 2010
Six years after both the Government of Alberta and the City of Edmonton pledged $3 million each for the construction of a new facility for the Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta (UCAMA), the federal government came up with its own matching grant.
- UCAMA Receives Award of Merit from Canadian Architect Magazine
27 Aug 2010
UCAMA’s new museum design received a national architectural award. Among the recipients of the 2006 Canadian Architect Awards of Excellence for architectural design is Edmonton’s own HIP Architects and David Murray Architect for their submission of the renovation of the Lodge Hotel for the new Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta facility in Edmonton.
- Congratulations from the Alberta Museums Association
27 Nov 2009
Congratulations from the Alberta Museums Association for the 2009 Edmonton Urban Design Awards for excellent architectural design.
- UCAMA wins second design award
19 Nov 2009
UCAMA’s new museum project received an Award of Merit at the Edmonton Urban Design Awards held on November 18, 2009, at Edmonton’s City Hall. The awards recognize those individuals, organizations, firms and projects that have set a high standard for urban, architectural and landscape design.
- Kenny unaware of any March deadline for UCAMA Project
2 Apr 2009
Says Ottawa still working to get on the same page with the Province
- UCAMA offered an additional $4 million by Alberta
22 Feb 2009
Funding conditional upon Ottawa coming through by March
- UCAMA’s economic benefits most effective with timely funding
27 Jan 2009
UCAMA Building Project fits the framework for Alberta Government stimulus spending on infrastructure for 2009
- Daunting task for crap detectors
20 Mar 2008
Design watchdogs have a lot on their plate