The Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta’s mission is to enrich appreciation of the Alberta experience by collecting, preserving, displaying, and promoting the region’s Ukrainian heritage in a creative and engaging museum environment:
- by developing and maintaining a collection of artifacts, archival materials, and books that focuses on the Ukrainian experience in Edmonton within the broader context of the city, Alberta, Canada, Ukraine, and the world; and
- by providing a public service, educational opportunities, and cultural resources to the local community and visitors to Edmonton through exhibits, school programs, special events, and research facilities.
The objectives of the Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of Alberta for future growth are:
- To house the collections in a building suitable for their exhibit and storage;
- To implement a conservation program;
- To develop interpretive exhibits, including permanent, temporary, and traveling;
- To focus on the urban Ukrainian experience in Alberta, Edmonton most specifically, as well as the overall theme of a story line;
- To work in cooperation with other organizations to pursue future goals;
- To give all visitors the opportunity to appreciate the Ukrainian heritage;
- To expand the collections in accordance with acquisition policies; and
- To expand the public profile of UCAMA.